9. Imagine your body blowing up to thrice its original size. Imagine staying awake at night as a little something rolls around in your stomach. Well, your wife is experiencing it all and much more. She is tired. Don’t mistake it for laziness.
10. Pregnancy is tough. Your wife’s body is just different now. And it hurts. So, if she asks for the tenth tummy massage at night, just do it. If you feel like complaining, remember what she is going through.
11. This is the most essential things when we talk about what men should know about pregnancy. Maybe for you the prenatal visits are nothing but a waste of time. Don’t tell her that. Just hang around with her as she rejoices and sheds a few tears while watching the little one inside her tummy during a scan.
12. If you see her bawling her eyes out after watching a silly movie, don’t mention hormones. She knows it, you know it – just don’t make it a subject of discussion.
13. Well, accept that she is right. If you want peace at home!
14. Pregnancy might be the most normal thing in the world, but for your wife, it is scary. The changes in her body, labor, giving birth, taking care of a helpless infant – these are the things that give your wife sleepless nights. Don’t just say ‘everything is going to be okay.’ Hold her hand and team with her.
15. Never, ever tell her how big she is getting. She knows it. She may not tell you but is super conscious about her changing body. Don’t add to her pain. Just say ‘you look beautiful’ – that should do it!