The best lunch ideas for pregnant women. These simple and delicious lunch ideas were chosen because they are all loaded with the nutrients that your growing baby needs in high amounts during your pregnancy. These healthy lunch ideas for pregnancy are also easy and make leftovers, perfect for bringing to work! You can be confident that you are eating right for your pregnancy with this list of lunches.
Grilled Pesto Chicken Wraps
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella (dairy free if needed)
- 1/3 cup basil pesto, store-bought or homemade
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken (or leftover)
- 1/2 cup canned artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 large flour tortillas
- Arugula or fresh basil (optional)
- Oil for grilling
- In the center or each tortilla, layer mozarella, basil pesto, shredded chicken, artichoke hearts and sliced avocado. Sprinkle with italian seasoning and top with a handful of arugula or fresh basil.
- Preheat a grill pan or skillet over medium high heat. Fold the sides of the tortilla inward and roll it up like a burrito. Brush both sides with oil.
- Grill the wraps for 4-6 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crispy. Serve warm.
Eggplant Pasta Bake With Tomato & Zucchini
- 8 cups eggplant, chopped
- 3 cups zucchini, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 box pasta, small shape (approx. 454 grams or 1 pound)
- 2 cups kale, stems removed + torn into small pieces
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- 4 med-large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 cup parmesan, freshly grated
- Preheat oven to 400F. Bring a large pot of water to a boil (for pasta).
- Toss chopped eggplant and zucchini in olive oil, basil, thyme, salt, and pepper on a large baking sheet. Spread in an even layer and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Cook pasta to 2-3 minutes less than package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and add kale pieces on top of zucchini and eggplant. Toss together and return to oven for 2 minutes, until kale is tender and slightly crisp.
- Remove veggies from oven and add to a LARGE baking dish (see notes). Add pasta, marinara sauce, and fresh tomatoes. Toss to combine well.
- Top with parmesan and ricotta in an even layer. Place baking dish in oven and continue to cook for 20 minutes, until cheese is lightly browned and the top layer of pasta bake is slightly crisp.
- Remove from oven and serve hot!
*BAKING DISH SIZE: I used a large baking dish that measures 12.75″W x 8″D x 3″H. If you only have a small or medium-sized baking dish, I would halve this recipe!