There are many couples who want to have a baby boy or girl. They want to know if they can conceive the gender of a baby that they want. You should know that there are different techniques available that can increase the chances of conceiving a boy or a girl. using the right technique can increase your chances of having a boy or a girl. Here we have a few tips that will help you to conceive a baby boy.
The Obsession Behind Conceiving A Baby Boy
Conceiving a boy in India is a pretty big deal from a cultural perspective. India is a country where people worship several forms of female deities. But when it comes to a child, they will mostly prefer a son. Apparent reasons for this preference are-
- Sons can carry the bloodline ahead (family lineage)
- Girls are considered to be a financial burden (Dowry during the marriage)
- Girls are apparently more vulnerable to crime (rape)
Let’s find the whole truth about conceiving a baby boy.
What determines the Gender of your baby?
How to conceive a baby boy 100 percent? Research suggests that the answer lies in a man’s seminal fluid. The chromosomes of the male parent determine the gender of the baby. The female parent has XX chromosomes, and the male parent has XY chromosomes. If the male parent contributes a Y chromosome, then the child is male.
Is There a Guaranteed Way to Have a Boy?
You might have asked yourself, others, or even Google- how to conceive a baby boy 100 percent? While there is no way to know how to conceive a baby boy surely, there are some methods and tips that you can use to try to have a baby boy.
Unless you medically implant an embryo that is surely a boy, it might be difficult to guarantee the gender of the baby. There is a 50-50 chance for you to have a boy if left to nature. Some people believe that you can influence the gender of your child by focusing on diet, timing, position, and other methods.
How to Conceive a Baby Boy – Can You?
We have outlined some tips that might tell you how to conceive a baby boy. While these methods are not foolproof, it does not hurt to try. They are as follows:
1. Shettles Method
According to Dr. Landrum Shettles, a seminal fluid carries an X or Y chromosome. An X chromosome will result in a girl, a Y chromosome in a boy.
Y seminal fluid tends to be faster than X seminal fluid and can potentially reach the egg faster. However, they are also weaker and may not last as long. The X seminal fluid may be slow, but they are tough and can stay up to 4 days without weakening.
The Shettles method focuses on how you can align secsual intercourse with your ovulation timing to ensure that you conceive a boy. Timing your ovulation will help you know the best time to have intercourse. This is important since the Y seminal fluid move faster and can fertilise the egg before an X seminal fluid.
2. Vaginal Douching
Before you begin trying to conceive, you must check your pH levels. You can do it by getting vaginal testing strips at your local chemist or online. Vaginal pH plays a big role in determining the gender of your baby.
Y chromosomes will not last very long in an acidic environment, which is why you need to increase alkaline levels in your body. Vaginal douching can reduce acidity. However, doing this too much might negatively affect your vaginal health.
3. Assisted Reproductive Technology
Many people rely on assisted reproductive technology (ART) to conceive a child. These medicalized procedures include:
· In-Vitro Fertilisation (IVF)
· Gamete Intrafallopian Transfer (GIFT)
· Zygote Intrafallopian Transfer (ZIFT)
The benefit of these procedures is that you might be able to determine the gender of the child before it is implanted in the uterus. The process of preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD) or preimplantation genetic selection (PGS) could also be used to test them for their gender.
How to Conceive Baby Boy Naturally
Here are some methods you can try to conceive a boy naturally:
- You can make small changes like consuming coffee or an energy drink, or chocolate before making love. Caffeine will give the Y seminal fluid an additional boost to get to the uterus.
- Your partner should switch to boxer shorts rather than briefs so that the testicles don’t overheat. Seminal fluid can die when they are heated up. It’s better to keep them as cool as possible.
- Create the right environment for the seminal fluid by making it more alkaline. You can do this by eating green vegetables and avoiding processed foods. Foods such as nuts, seeds, legumes, soybeans, etc., can greatly contribute to alkaline levels in your body.
- Timing your orgasm might be beneficial as a woman’s orgasm turns the vagina alkaline. This would improve conditions for the male seminal fluid.
4. Whelan Method
The Whelan method focuses on increasing the couple’s chance of conceiving a child of the desired love by accurately timing intercourse. As per this method, it is recommended that couples start making love 2-3 days before ovulation if they wish to conceive a girl.
However, if they wish to conceive a boy, they should start having intercourse at least 4-6 days before ovulation. As per Whelan’s research, this method has been proven to increase the chances of conceiving a boy by 86% and a girl by 66%.