Salmon Salad with Power Greens
- 2 salmon filets
- 1 orange
- 2 lemons
- 1 avocado
- 2 cups kale
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/4 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 shallot
- 2 tbsp capers
- olive oil
- 1 tsp old bay seasoning
- 1 tbsp diced jalapeno (optional)
- 1/4 cup parmesan crisps (optional)
- dressing to taste (This is really preference in my opinion — I like to use a little bit of Caesar and add some jalapeño to it but this would also be great with Greek, Green Goddess or even BBQ Ranch. You could also just dress it up with lemon juice and olive oil)
- salt and pepper, to taste
Marinate The Salmon:
Zest lemon and orange then cut lemon and orange in half. Add zest and then squeeze juice out of lemon and orange into a bag or dish big enough for the salmon to marinate. Toss the juiced lemon and orange halves in as well. Add a tbsp of olive oil over the top. Let marinate for 20 minutes.
To Cook the Salmon:
Once salmon has marinated, take out of bag, rub filets with olive oil, then season with salt and pepper and old bay.
You can grill or bake the salmon. To bake, preheat oven to 400 degrees and bake for 10-12 minutes. To grill, preheat grill to medium high and cook for 5 to 7 minutes. Cook until internal temp reaches 145.
To assemble the salad:
Thinly slice the shallot and add to a dish with the juice of 1/2 the other lemon and 1 tbsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and let sit aside for 10 minutes at least.
While the salmon is cooking, layer greens (kale, spinach, arugula) on a platter or plates. Add in pepitas, capers, shallot, jalapeno (if using), and dressing. Toss to combine.
Top this with crushed up parmesan crisps. Layer on the salmon filets.
Slice up Avocado and layer on top. Garnish with chives and lemon wedges from the remaining 1/2 lemon.
Grilled Chicken Margherita
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to less than 1 inch thickness
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (OR 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano + 1/4 teaspoon dried basil + 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme)
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup basil pesto (try my Easy 5 Minute Pesto Recipe – it’s the best!!) https://www.lecremedelacrumb.com/easy-5-minute-pesto-15-ways-to-use-it/
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup packed basil leaves, very thinly sliced
- cracked black pepper
In a large bowl combine chicken, salt and pepper, olive oil, garlic power, and Italian seasoning. Toss to combine.
Grill chicken over medium-high heat for about 6-8 minutes on each side until cooked through. Top each piece of chicken with a slice of mozzarella cheese and cook another minute or so until melted.
Toss tomatoes, lemon juice, and basil together. Top each chicken breast with about 3 tablespoons pesto, a scoop of tomatoes, and some freshly cracked black pepper. Serve immediately.