Every minute, 250 babies are born! While no two are exactly alike, they all have one thing in common: a name.
As parents hold their brand new bundle of joy, they think about the perfect name for their babe. It’s an exciting decision, but can be stressful for some!
So if you’re lying in bed every night wondering “what should I name my baby,” don’t worry! We’re here to help. Our baby-naming guide will help you select a name that’s right for you and your little one.
Check out this list of handsome baby boy names! There are some unique names, common names and names I know you’ll love!
Short Names For Boys and Their Meanings
Classic short boy names like John, Luke, and Mark have been popular throughout history. The following names are much less common, but they have the potential to be trendy.
Afon : Meaning river in Welsh, Afon has similar sounds to old names like Alfred and modern names like rapper Akon.
Agni : Sanskrit for fire, Agni is the mythological name of an ancient Hindu fire god that mimics the ending sound of other common short names such as Danny or Jesse.
Anso : This ancient Germanic name means god and resembles trendy names like Enzo.
Cenk : An ancient Turkish word for battle, Cenk is a unique name that sounds similar to Hank.
Dren : Meaning deer in Albanian, this nature name resembles common names such as Dan or Ben.
Edom –: If you like Adam or Domenic, Edom, which means red, could be a great, uncommon option.
Idan : Similar to names like Ian or Aiden, Idan means era in Hebrew.
Kemp : Meaning champion, athlete, or warrior, it’s a wonder Kemp isn’t a more common boy name.
Lior : This Hebrew word meaning light for me is a sweet option for beloved little boys.
Malo : Breton for bright pledge, Malo has an islander feel to it.
Naël : This French name means gift of God and sounds similar to names such as Niall.
Olek : This is the Polish short form of the name Alexander, which means defending men.
Pons : A rare French name, Pons is a short form of Pontius, which means of the sea.
Reko : This Finnish short form of Gregory means watchful.
Soth : Meaning “pure” in Khmer, Soth sounds like the cooler cousin of Seth.
Wira : If you like strong boy names, Wira is a great option because it means “hero” in Indonesian and Malay.
- The Best Rare Baby Boy Names List
- 150 Short Names For Boys Not Overused
- List of 100 Strong & Powerful Baby Boy Names
Strong & Powerful Baby Boy Names
ADIR: Strong boy names for babies are not in shortage and Adir of Hebrew origin is one of them. It means “mighty” and will give your kid a strong presence.
AMAURY: If you are looking for boy names that mean power, then Amaury of German and French origin means “ work power”. With a royal connection, it is a French form of the ancient German royal name Amalric or Emmerich.
ANDREAS : Greeks have often been associated with power, strength and masculinity. Andreas of Greek origin means “strong and manly.”
ATTICUS: If you are a fan of the book “ To Kill a Mocking Bird”, then Atticus Finch, the strong protagonist of the book, will surely inspire to show the good fight. The name is of Latin origin.
BARIN: Of Tuetonic origin, Barin means a “noble fighter”. Pick this for a benevolent and brave boy.
BARRETT: In German, it means “bear strength”. The resonation sound makes it a winner.
BATAIR: The name is of Scottish origin and means “strong warrior”. It sounds different and has an appealing sound to it.
BERK: One of the uncommon strong boy names, Berk of Turkish origin means “firm and solid.”
BERNARD: Bernard is the name of a saint in the Alps, but few know it is one of the names that define strength. Time to regain Alpine energy with the name that means “bear strength”.
CATHAL: Of Irish origin, the name sounds different and is unheard of. It means “powerful in battle.”
CARLO: An Italian name that means “manly”, it sounds equally contemporary too.
CONRAD: A German name, it means “brave, a bold ruler and a counsel”. The name rolls three personalities into one to make sure your son is a leader by birth.
CYRUS: The East has always given its Lords a mighty status and associated them with several powers. Cyrus means a “Persian Lord” and is of Eastern origin.
DENZELL: Of Cornish origin, it can be spelt with just one “l” too. The name means powerful and been made popular by the Hollywood star Denzel Washington.
DONAL: This name is of Irish origin and means “ proud chief” So if you want your son to be a leader, then choose this one. It also sounds great with any second name.
DONAGHY: The name means “strong fighter” and is of Celtic origin. A beautiful sounding name, it’s a great choice for parents who want something different.
DRIES: Fancy a Dutch name. Well, then this one is it. And guess what it means “man or warrior”. Different, powerful and strong, the name is short and sweet.
Boy names with cool meanings
Some parents simply want a name with a great meaning. The names below have it all — depth, strength, valor, luck, bravery — and they just plain sound cool.
• Bryant: Celtic name meaning “strong”
• Chasin: Hebrew name meaning “strong”
• Kemen: Spanish name meaning “strong”
• Donovan: Celtic name meaning “strong fighter”
• Griffin: Welsh name meaning “strong in faith”
• Felix: Latin name meaning “lucky”
• Faust: Italian name meaning “lucky”
• Chance: English name meaning “good fortune”
• Frederik: German name meaning “leader”
• Brendan: Gaelic name meaning “brave”
• Farrell: Celtic name meaning “brave”
• Hardwin: English name meaning “brave friend”
• Baldwyn: German name meaning “brave friend”
• Sebastian: Greek name meaning “revered”
• Dustin: English name meaning “valiant”
• Neron: Spanish name meaning “strong”
- Unique Cute Baby Boy Names That You Will Love
- 150 Baby Names That Mean Gift of God
- 150 Incredible Baby Boy Names For 2022
How To Choose The Perfect Name For Your Baby:
Choosing the perfect name for your baby can be a fun and exciting process, but it can also be overwhelming with so many options to choose from. Here are some steps you can take to help you choose the perfect name for your baby:
- Consider the meaning: Think about the meaning behind the name and what it represents. You may want to choose a name that has a special significance to you or your family, or a name that reflects a quality or value you hope your child will embody.
- Think about the sound: Consider the sound of the name and how it flows with your last name. It’s important to choose a name that sounds pleasing to the ear and is easy to pronounce.
- Look to your heritage: Consider names that reflect your family’s cultural heritage or ancestry. This can be a meaningful way to honor your family’s history and traditions.
- Consider popularity: Think about how popular the name is, both currently and historically. You may want to choose a name that is unique and stands out, or you may prefer a more classic and traditional name.
- Test it out: Say the name out loud and imagine calling your child by that name every day. Make sure it feels comfortable and natural to you.
- Get input: Get feedback from family and friends, but remember that ultimately, the decision is yours and your partner’s.
Remember that choosing a name for your baby is a personal decision, and there’s no one right way to do it. Take your time, trust your instincts, and choose a name that feels right for you and your family.