Broccoli and Cheese Quiche
- 1 9″ prepared pie crust
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 cups small chopped broccoli florets
- Line a pie pan with the pie crust. Press gently to fill the corners and extend the crust all the way to the edge. Crimp the edge. Prick the base with a fork several times and freeze for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Line the crust with parchment and fill with baking weights, rice or dry beans. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove the parchment and weights and bake for another 10 minutes until barely starting to brown on the edges.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Add the cheese, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper and chopped broccoli. Stir to combine.
- In the partially baked crust, transfer the custard and broccoli mixture in an even layer.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the crust on the edge is brown and the center is just set.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
For More details click Here.
Creamy Tomato Basil Chicken Pasta
- 8 oz. fettuccine pasta uncooked
- Shaved parmesan cheese for garnishing, or grated
- Fresh chopped basil for garnishing
- 1.5 lb. chicken tenders julienned
- 2 tbsps. all purpose flour for coating chicken
- 2 tbsps. olive oil light tasting
- ½ tsp. black pepper for chicken
- ½ tsp. salt for chicken
- 1½ cup heavy cream
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsps. butter
- 2 cups grape tomatoes diced, or vine tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth low sodium
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. chili flakes
- ¼ cup fresh basil chopped, packed
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated
- ½ tsp. salt or more to taste
- ¾ tsp. black pepper
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook fettuccine according to the instructions on the package.
- Julienne the chicken and then salt and pepper to taste with ½ tsp of salt and ½ tsp of black pepper and coat the chicken with 2 tbsps. of flour.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. Once hot, sauté the chicken until golden brown. Once the chicken is golden brown, remove and set aside. Cover with foil wrap to preserve the heat.
- In the same skillet, add in the butter and sauté the garlic until fragrant. Add in the tomatoes and continue to sauté until the tomatoes are soft and tender.
- Add in the heavy cream, chicken broth, onion powder, salt, pepper and chili flakes. Simmer on low heat for 3-5 minutes until the sauce thickens up. Then add in the fresh chopped basil and parmesan cheese. Cook for another couple of minutes.
- Add the pasta and cooked chicken back into the skillet and toss to coat well. Continue to cook on low heat for 2-3 more minutes so that the pasta absorbs the sauce well.
- Serve immediately and garnish with freshly chopped basil and parmesan cheese.
For more details click here.