During pregnancy, is it normal for babies to move around a lot at night and prevent mom from finding a comfortable position for sleeping well? Are you pregnant and your baby moves a lot in your womb? We tell you why.
During the third trimester of pregnancy, it is very common to wake up at night. Often you cannot find a proper sleeping position because your baby keeps moving in your womb. It also happens that the expectant mother wakes up at night because she needs to go to the bathroom more often than usual, or for other reasons, such as being afraid of childbirth and stress. that this one provokes.
The fact that your baby moves a lot in your sale at night is normal and characteristic of the last months of pregnancy. During the day, the weight of the fetus is carried on the inside of the uterus and is supported mainly by the lower part of the back, which accentuates the natural curves of the spine. When the mom lies down to rest, these curves relax and the spine lengthens.
Here are some tips to help you sleep
- In addition to stretching and yoga, the expectant mother can, during the day, rest by kneeling on a fairly soft surface (for example a mattress) with the knees slightly separated, the toes pointing towards the inside and the bust bent forward, leaning on cushions.
- You can also lie on your side, your spine parallel to the ground, a cushion between your knees and another cushion under your belly to support it, turning the pelvis until you feel comfortable. easy.
- If you are at work and cannot lie down, you can rest your head and arms on a desk: spread your legs and press the soles of your feet on the floor to relax your neck and shoulders, thus relieving tension in the spine and back pain.
- The best position to sleep is on the side or half on your stomach, that is to say slightly tilted with your mouth down. In the second case, it is necessary to partially turn the body forward, to have the lower leg fully extended and the upper leg slightly bent and resting on a pillow.
- Finally, it is useful to check that the room in which you sleep is well ventilated, to take a relaxing bath, or to massage certain parts of the body, or even to perform foot baths before going to bed.
It is therefore essential to change some of its aspects of your lifestyle: take breaks during the day, avoid eating heavy meals especially before going to bed, or drink exciting drinks, such as tea. or coffee and replace them with chamomile herbal teas.