Mexican Street Corn Chicken Tacos
Mexican Grilled Chicken:
- 2 lbs Chicken Breasts (or tenderloins or thighs)
- ⅓ to ½ cup Canola Oil (or EVOO)
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice (about 2 to 3 limes)
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 cups Cooked Corn (from corn on the cob or frozen white corn)
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- ¼ teaspoon Chili Powder
- ¼ cup Cilantro
- ½ Jalapeno (chopped)
- 2 Green Onions (sliced)
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 6 to 12 Corn Tortillas
- 1 to 2 Avocados (sliced)
- ½ cup Cotija Cheese
Mexican Crema (optional):
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 3 Tablespoons Taco Sauce (or more depending on spice preference, I prefer to do more taco sauce)
- In a bowl, stir together oil, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Pierce chicken breasts with a fork. Place in a large Ziploc bag. Pour marinade over chicken. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes. 4 – 5 hours is ideal. Preheat grill to medium heat. Brush grill with oil to prevent sticking. Place chicken on the grill. Cook for approximately 5 – 6 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of chicken. The internal temperature of the chicken should reach 165 degrees. Cut into pieces.
Street Corn Salad:
- Cook corn and place corn kernels in a bowl. Stir in mayonnaise, lime juice, chili powder, cilantro, jalapeno, green onions, and garlic salt.
Assembling Chicken Tacos:
- If using corn tortillas, heat a small amount of oil in a skillet. Place corn tortillas one-by-one in a skillet and soften in the oil for a few seconds. Remove and let drain on a paper-towel-lined plate.
- Top with chicken, street corn, fresh avocado slices, and sprinkle with cotija cheese and cilantro.
For more details follow this link.
Chicken and Vegetables Skillet Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cups bite-size broccoli florets
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced and cut into half-moons
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- ¼ cup low sodium chicken broth, you can also use dry white wine or water
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces and season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl combine garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, rosemary, paprika, and chili powder; take half of the seasoning and sprinkle it over the chicken.
- Add ½ tablespoon olive oil to the chicken and toss around to coat evenly.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large 12-inch skillet set over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken pieces to the hot oil and cook for about 6 to 8 minutes, or until browned on all sides and chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from skillet; set aside in a plate and keep covered.
- Return skillet to the heat and add remaining olive oil.
- To the skillet add the onion and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in broccoli, zucchini, and peppers. Add more oil to the skillet, if needed.
- Season with remaining spice mix plus salt and pepper, and continue to cook for 4 to 6 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp tender.Stir couple times during the cooking process.
- Stir in the chicken broth.
- Return chicken and any chicken juices to the skillet; stir around to combine and cook for a minute.
- Remove from heat. Taste for salt and adjust accordingly.
- Garnish with parsley.
For more details follow this link.