5 Lunch Ideas for Baby – you’ll love this collection of 15 easy, healthy, and delicious baby food purees for lunch! Great baby food for 6+ months.
5-MINUTE BANANA, BLUEBERRY + AVOCADO BABY FOOD PUREE
• 1 cup blueberries if using frozen, thaw first
• 1 banana
• 1/2 avocado peeled
• 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
• Place all of the ingredients into a blender and process for 1-2 minutes on high speed, scrapping down sides every 30 seconds helps puree the blueberry peels. If puree is super thick, add 1 teaspoon of water in at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
• Serve and enjoy!
Age: from 6 months and upYield: 8-ounce storage: Fridge – store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. Freezer – can be frozen for up to 4 months.
APPLE, SPINACH + PEA BABY FOOD PUREE
• 2 apples, peeled and roughly chopped
• 1/4 cup spinach, packed
• 1/4 cup peas, fresh or frozen
• Bring 2 inches of water in a medium saucepan to a boil. Place all of the ingredients into a steamer basket, cover, and heat for 10 minutes.
• Let cool slightly. Reserve steamer water.
• Transfer all of the ingredients into blender or food processor and puree for 30 seconds- 1 minute or until smooth, adding water from steamer in tablespoon increments if needed.
Age: 6+ months storage: Fridge – store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. Freezer – can be frozen for up to 4 months.
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH + THYME BABY FOOD RECIPE
• 1 butternut squash
• 1 tsp fresh thyme roughly chopped
• Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Line baking sheet with silicon mat or tin foil.
• Cut butternut squash in half, deseed and place flesh side up, skin side down. Optional – Feel free to drizzle the squash with 2 teaspoons of olive oil for some added healthy fat.
• Bake for 45 minutes or until you can easily prick the squash with a fork.
• Let cool until you can handle the squash with your hands.
• Scrape the flesh off of the skin and place in a blender or food processor. Add thyme and puree, adding water in 1/4 cup increments until you have desired consistency.
Additional Spices: Feel free to sub the thyme for 4 basil leaves, 1 tsp chopped rosemary, 1 tsp ginger powder or 1 big pinch of fresh ginger, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg or even 1/2 tsp of coriander.
Age: 4 months and upYield: 25-ounce storage: Fridge – store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. Freezer – can be frozen for up to 4 months