As a nursing mother, you probably have tons of questions running through your mind. You are concerned about your little one’s health and growth, and want to do nothing less than the best. One of the most important questions that nursing moms have is what to eat during the feeding months that will ensure a good supply of milk.
The nursing phase is one when a mother requires a lot of attention with regards to her food and health. Whatever you eat during this period is crucial to your post-delivery recovery. It will also directly affect the amount of milk that is produced.
How To Increase Breast Milk Supply?
One of the best ways to increase milk supply is to keep on nursing your little one. Making milk from your baby is better than any other method to make milk in your body. The stimulations of the nerves during breastfeeding helps produce more milk in the breasts. The emptying of the milk signals your body to increase the milk production. If you feel your milk supply stills needs an improvement, then you should consider adding foods that promote milk production. Milk stimulating foods are called galactagogues.
You will start feeding your baby right from birth (unless there are some medical complications.) This means that you need to have all the health and strength to be able to feed baby, as well as help your body recover.
Top 25 Foods To Increase Breast Milk
There are certain foods that increase breast milk and enhance lactation. Breast milk contains all the prime nutrients required for an overall growth and brain development of a newborn baby. Here is a list of the top 25 foods that you must include in your diet to increase breast milk. These are best foods to increase breast milk production & are great in terms of bringing you back to health, as well as aid in milk production.
Oats are easy to prepare as a meal.
- They are considered to control the occurrence of diabetes during post pregnancy.
- Oatmeal is loaded with energy.
- It contains fiber and is good for your digestion.
- Have a bowl of oat meal for breakfast. If the thought of having oatmeal is not appetizing, you can try having oat cookies instead.
2. Fennel Seeds:
Fennel seeds boost the quantity of your breast milk.
- They are digestives and help control baby-colic.
- Fennel seeds can be added along with seasonings to vegetable fillings. Add them to your tea or boil a few seeds with milk and drink up.
- Pop in a few seeds after a meal as a mouth refresher.
3. Fenugreek Seeds:
Fenugreek seeds are known for boosting breast milk supply.
- Chew on the sprouted seeds along with a glass of milk to prevent post-delivery constipation.
- It enhances your milk quantity.
- Toss in the seeds with seasoning and flavoring.
- Have them for breakfast as a pancake by mixing fenugreek seeds and rice.
4. Unripe Papayas:
Unripe Papayas are part of the South Asian cuisine.
- Papaya has been used as a natural sedative, which may help you to relax and feed baby better.
- Try it as a South Asian salad or toss it with flat noodles.
5. Spinach And Beet Leaves:
Spinach and beet leaves contain iron, calcium and folic acid.
- These are essential for recouping anemic mothers.
- These will help in making your baby strong.
- Spinach and beet leaves contain detoxifying agents.
- Spinach contains certain plant chemicals which could help prevent breast cancer.
- Include these leaves in a midday soup.
- Mix them with dough and make paratha (Indian flat bread) or chapattis for a meal.
- Remember to eat spinach in moderation as too much could cause diarrhea in your baby.
***READ MORE ON THE NEX PAGE BY CLICKING BELLOW ON NEXT***