There are several different ways to test pregnancy at home.
A DIY pregnancy test at home can detect pregnancy, although it should be recognized that these tests are not an actual reliable test.
DIY PREGNANCY TEST BLEACH
1. Collect the urine in a small container.
2.Mix bleach powder with the urine.
3. If the mixture begins to foam or fizz, it may indicate pregnancy.
This test works by causing the pregnancy hormones to react to the bleach.
However, having a lot of protein in your urine can cause this test to put off a positive test result, so this method is not the most accurate DIY pregnancy test.
DIY PREGNANCY TEST VINEGAR
1. Collect urine in a small container
2. Mix vinegar with the urine
3. Observe the color of the mixture. If it changes color, it may indicate pregnancy.
This DIY pregnancy test may detect pregnancy. However, people report this test is difficult to read as the color change may be barely noticeable.
DIY PREGNANCY TEST SUGAR
1. Put about one tablespoon of sugar in a small bowl.
2. Mix one tablespoon of urine with the sugar.
3. If the sugar turns to clumps, it is believed that it indicates pregnancy.
4. If the sugar dissolves, the test is negative
This at-home DIY pregnancy test is said to work by causing the sugar to form clumps due to pregnancy hormones in the urine.
DIY PREGNANCY TEST TOOTHPASTE
1. Put two tablespoons of white toothpaste into a small container.
2. Add urine.
3. Note the color of the toothpaste.
If the color of the toothpaste turns to blue or becomes foamy, it may indicate pregnancy.
DIY PREGNANCY TEST SOAP
1. Get a large piece of soap about the size of your palm.
2. Pour urine on the soap and note the reaction.
3. If there are bubbles on the soap, the test is positive.
DIY PREGNANCY TEST BAKING SODA
1. Put two tablespoons of baking soda in a bowl
2. Add the collected urine to the baking soda and observe the reaction.
3. If the baking soda bubbles and foams, the test is positive.
DIY PREGNANCY TEST PINE-SOL
1. Put a small amount of Pine-Sol in a cup.
2. Mix Urine with it.
3. Observe the mixture.
If the Pine-Sol changes color, the test is positive.
DIY PREGNANCY TEST DANDELION
1. Place dandelion leaves on a plastic sheet away from sunlight.
2. Submerge the leaves in the urine.
3. Wait ten minutes and observe the leaves.
4. If the leaves have red blisters, the test is positive.
DIY PREGNANCY TEST TYLENOL AND PEROXIDE
1. Crush two Tylenol tablets in a small clear bowl.
2. Pour some peroxide into the bowl until it becomes fizzy.
3. Add a teaspoon of urine.
4. Observe the color.
If the mixture turns blue, the test is positive.
DIY PREGNANCY TEST TUNA AND VINEGAR
1. Mix equal amounts of tuna juice and vinegar.
2. Add half a cup of urine.
3. Observe the color.
If the solution is green, the test is positive. If the solution is yellow, the test is negative.
DIY PREGNANCY TEST WINE
1. Mix half a cup of wine and half a cup of urine.
2. Wait ten minutes and observe the mixture.
If it changes color, the test is positive.
SOME TIPS FOR A HOME DIY PREGNANCY TEST
Conducting these home DIY pregnancy tests can be a lot of fun.
If you are going to do these tests, there are some tips that may help you along the way:
Use first-morning urine. This is the most accurate way to conduct a pregnancy test.
Use plastic containers to collect the urine.
ACCURATE METHODS OF TESTING PREGNANCY
While the above methods can be fun, it is essential to note that the results are really not that accurate. If you genuinely want to test for pregnancy, there are more precise ways of testing.
1. Pink/Blue dye test – This method of testing pregnancy is usually pretty accurate.
These tests can be inexpensive, so you can test multiple times to confirm the results.
The dye can sometimes be challenging to read, though, so you may want to try other methods as well.
2. Digital test – This method can be accurate, and it is easy to read because there is no doubt what the results are.
It typically says “pregnant” or “not pregnant,” which leaves zero confusion as to what the results of the test are.
3. Blood test – This is the most accurate method of testing for pregnancy is to go to a doctor and have a blood test.
This test can detect a pregnancy almost immediately after conception, so while urine tests may not pick up a very early pregnancy, a blood test will be able to identify a pregnancy with 100% accuracy.