Creamy, juicy Chicken recipe
- 3 large boneless and skinless chicken breasts cut into cutlets
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- ⅓ cup sundried tomatoes chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, then dredge in flour and shake off any excess.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and melt the butter on medium heat. Swirl pan to coat with oil and butter evenly.
- Brown the chicken (do not overcrowd and work in batches if needed) for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer onto a plate, cover, and set aside.
- Saute the garlic for a minute or until it’s fragrant. Add the chicken stock, and deglaze the pan scraping any bits stuck to the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.
- Adjust the heat to medium-low, and add the heavy cream and the parmesan cheese to the skillet. Allow the sauce to simmer for a couple of minutes, then season with chili flakes, oregano.
- Season with salt and pepper to your taste, add the sundried tomatoes then put the chicken back in the sauce and the sauce simmer and thicken for a few more minutes.
- Garnish with chopped fresh basil leaves and serve warm over pasta or rice.
- Chicken cutlets/steaks are available in most supermarkets, but you can slice a chicken breast in half and get the same result.
- When sauteing the garlic, add a little bit of sundried tomatoes oil for more flavor.
- Do not use single/light cream as that won’t thicken the sauce enough.
- I recommend buying a block of parmesan cheese and grating it at home. I found that store-bought parmesan cheese doesn’t have much flavor, and doesn’t dissolve well in sauces.
For More Details Click Here.
Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Shells
- 12-14 jumbo pasta shells
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
- basil for serving if desired
- extra parmesan cheese for serving if desired
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Cook pasta until al dente according to package directions.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add onion and cook until tender about 3-4 minutes. Add in garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the spinach and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer the spinach mixture to a large bowl and add in ricotta, mozzarella, Parmesan, egg, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Spread about 1/2 of the sauce in the bottom of a 8 x8 or 9 x 9 baking dish.
- Stuff shells with the spinach cheese mixture and place in the baking dish.
- Top with the remaining sauce and bake for 20-30 minutes or until warmed through.
- Serve immediately with basil and parmesan cheese, if desired.
For More Details Click Here.